My beautiful Aunt Sandy passed away last Saturday, December 6th. She was a very loving and giving person. She was always giving to
others even though she did not have much to give. She loved us unconditionally. She made beautiful silver and turquoise jewelery. She made tiny ivory carvings with such detail you wonder how it is possible. I remember one time she was taking a photography class and took some pictures of me reading the book How to Win Friends and Influence People. I think she knew how to do this without even knowing ( the winning friends and influencing people part). She leaped from a plane and gave life to a sweet baby girl. She saw the world and loved life. During her life here on earth she had many different professions. She owned a pizza parlor, made and sold jewelry and cared for the elderly( and I'm sure many more). Her last profession when she cared for the elderly she not only met their physical needs but was their friend too. Many did not have family nearby or at all and she made sure they did not feel alone. She also loved animals. I went with her to my first and only horse auction. She bought a Arabian Stallion whose show days were over. I remember thinking she was sooo cool she just bought a horse! And she always had cats or dogs around her. She was a loving Daughter. She was caring for my ailing Grandmother. She took such good care of her. She was a loving Sister. Her and my Mother were great friends. They like to watch movies, play games and just laugh. She was a loving Aunt. She had a way to make you feel important and understood. She was so much more than I can even express here in the entry. Here is a poem I wrote for her for Christmas a few years ago. My boys knew her as Great Sandy because she was their great aunt but she thought that made her sound old so we came up with "Great Sandy".
"Great Sandy"
She may not know the impact
She’s had upon my life,
But secretly I watch her
And learn to deal with life.
She goes about her business
Helping those in need.
Teaching me and others
It’s better to give than to receive.
She always has a smile
And a laugh to throw your way.
Thank you “Great Sandy”
For the person you are each day!
I loved her very much and will miss her. I am so thankful to have a testimony of the Savior. And know that his redeeming power and gift applies to her also. I know that she is being taught now and is seeing what a beautiful person she is and how much her Heavenly Father and family loves her. I know I will see her again and pray that she will be able to watch me grow into the woman I am supposed to be, knowing that she had an influence on me and my life.







1 comment:
You are so sweet and kind...that was very special Shannon!
Post a Comment