Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My little hunter,or uh .... taxidermist I guess?

Yesterday Jacob came and asked if we could go hunting. I asked him why he wanted to go hunting and his reply may shock and even repulse you. He said he wants Daddy to go hunting and shoot a deer, take all of the stuff out of it and then tape it back together so he can play with it. Seriously are you picturing this....sweet little Jacob running around my backyard or my house with a dead deer. I know what you are thinking.......only future psycho paths do this, but he really was sweet about it. I told him that kids don't play with dead animals. He said because they did not have the good idea like he had and that his brain had this great idea. He was so upset and crying when I told him we could not go hunting right now. Finally when Daddy came home Jacob begged his Daddy to take him hunting. Scott said sure we can go, but we have to get a license and wait for deer season. Oh and that Jacob could use one of his guns. Seriously, I know what Scott was thinking .....just tell him what he wants to hear and he will forget about it........wrong he is anxiously waiting for Dad to come home so they can go hunting today. If you could only see the seriousness on his face. He really thinks this is the best idea yet.

1 comment:

LaNae said...

That is so funny--just the thought of a real stuffed deer in the backyard to play with (of course, to be politically correct--only after you ate the meat!)